When is it?
Thursday, May 11, 2023, 5-7pm, Graduates check in through the left doors of the Murchison Performing Arts Center at 4pm.
Winspear auditorium (inside the Murchison) will open at 4pm. Left hand door entry for students only will be strictly enforced.
Where will it be held?
UNT Murchison Performing Arts Center
Free parking is available in Lot 20 next to the MPAC.
Students may invite up to 4 guests. Tickets will be provided prior to the ceremony. Extra tickets may be requested via this form from Monday, April 10, 2023 at 6pm through Friday, April 14, 2023 at 11:59pm. Extra Ticket Requests are complete.
- The Box Office is located in the southeast corner of the Brock Grand Lobby inside the Murchison Performing Arts Center. Tickets may be obtained in person at the Box Office or by phone.
- Seating for guests is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors open one hour prior to ceremony start.
Caps & Gowns
Students will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony without a cap and a gown. TAMS caps and gowns must be the UNT green color. Clothing must be worn underneath the gown.
TAMS Graduates will wear a green gown, green mortarboard (cap), and tassel differentiated by college (only cap, gown, and tassel need to be purchased). The package is $52.50 plus tax and best ordered online at www.jostens.com and shipped to you. Last day to order is April 7. The package may also be purchased in the Barnes & Noble campus store but stock is limited. Please note, all regalia purchases are final and cannot be returned to the store or vendor for refunds.
Graduation announcements are available for purchase on the Jostens website HERE.
Alternatively, many people choose to design their own announcements through other vendors. The choice is yours!
What elements will the ceremony include?
• Remarks from the UNT TAMS Deans
• The calling of graduate names and crossing the stage
• Ceremonial conferral of Texas high school diploma by Dean Glenisson de Oliveira
• Turning of graduates’ tassels
Diplomas, Diploma Covers and Programs
- Why don’t I receive my diploma at commencement? When will I receive my diploma?
- Diplomas are printed and mailed to official UNT mailing addresses within eight weeks of commencement following the receipt of final grades and after verification that the candidate has met all requirements for graduation. It is the responsibility of the graduate to ensure the TAMS office has the correct mailing address on file after graduation. A Diploma cover embossed with "Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science" will be included.
- Will my guests or I receive programs at my ceremony?
- Printed programs will not be distributed at commencement ceremonies, however you may view or download the TAMS Graduation Program here.
What to bring:
• Comfortable professional clothing to wear under regalia
• Comfortable footwear to stand in for an hour
What NOT to bring:
• Any bags or purses
• Food or drink
• Noise makers or balloons