When is it?
Thursday, May 12, 2022, 4-6pm, Graduates check in at Coliseum at 3pm
Guests will enter through Gates A (wheelchair access) and D at 3pm. Doors will not open before 3pm.
Where will it be held?
Clear Bag Policy in effect for graduates and guests.
Free parking is available in Lot 20, across the street from the Coliseum.
There is no limit to the number of guests a student may invite.
- Tickets are not required for TAMS 2022 Graduation. Seating for guests is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors open one hour prior to ceremony start.
What can my guests and I bring to the ceremony?
- The Coliseum is enforcing a clear bag policy for all commencement events. Only clear bags up to 12” x 12” as well as small bags, roughly the size of an adult human hand, will be allowed into the venue. Balloons and noisemakers will also not be allowed into the Coliseum. Graduates should only bring what they can carry in their hand or in a pocket. Any bags left in the Graduate Lineup space will not be monitored throughout the event.
Caps & Gowns
Students will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony without a cap and a gown. TAMS caps and gowns must be the UNT green color. Clothing must be worn underneath the gown.
TAMS Graduates will wear a green gown, green mortarboard (cap), and tassel differentiated by college (only cap, gown, and tassel need to be purchased). The package is $46.97 plus tax and can be purchased in the Barnes & Noble campus store or can be ordered online (until April 21) at www.jostens.com and shipped to you. Please note, all regalia purchases are final and cannot be returned to the store or vendor for refunds.
Graduation announcements are available for purchase on the Jostens website HERE.
Alternatively, many people choose to design their own announcements through other vendors. The choice is yours!
What elements will the ceremony include?
- Remarks from the UNT TAMS Deans
- The calling of graduate names and crossing the stage
- Ceremonial conferral of Texas high school diploma by Dean Glenisson de Oliveira
- Turning of graduates’ tassels
Diplomas, Diploma Covers and Programs
Why don’t I receive my diploma at commencement? When will I receive my diploma?
Diplomas are printed and mailed to official UNT mailing addresses within eight weeks of commencement following the receipt of final grades and after verification that the candidate has met all requirements for graduation. It is the responsibility of the graduate to ensure the TAMS office has the correct mailing address on file after graduation. A Diploma cover embossed with "Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science" will be included.
Will my guests or I receive programs at my ceremony?
Printed programs will not be distributed at commencement ceremonies, but a digital version of the program will be available at https://tams.unt.edu/grad.
What to bring:
- Comfortable professional clothing to wear under regalia
- Comfortable footwear to stand in for an hour
- That smile
What NOT to bring:
- Any bags or purses
- Food or drink
- Noise makers or balloons
- Melee weapons or bad juju