Consideration for TAMS
- Apply below. (Music students must submit an application by January 15, 2020.)
- Be a Texas resident. *
- Be a high-school sophomore (10th grade). In rare cases, competitive 9th graders may be considered, but 10th graders retain priority.
- Complete Geometry, Algebra I, and Algebra II by the end of your sophomore year.
Review the Sample Application before you begin your online application (only online applications accepted, the Sample Application cannot be submitted).
The TAMS application refers to the 45-item online document (see Sample Application). A complete application refers to the 45-item document plus supporting documents. Only complete applications are eligible for interview consideration. Your status page will indicate when your application is complete.
Complete Application Checklist
- 45-item online document.
- Supporting Documents
- Math, Science, English teacher, and counselor evaluations
- Grade reports, transcripts
- SAT/ACT scores
- Residency questionnaire
Music Track applicants are subject to a two-step process.
- Complete the TAMS Application checklist as above.
- Apply to the UNT College of Music through the Acceptd arts network platform.
* For non-US citizens, TAMS requires green cards and Texas residency status. Residency is based upon the parent or court appointed legal guardian. Non-US citizens must provide copies of their Permanent Resident (green) cards. Applicants who have applied for Permanent Residency may furnish copies of the i-797 Notice of Action reflecting application for the parent and TAMS applicant. Some parents and applicants with select visa types may also be eligible for Texas Residency.
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and are based on a holistic review process*. You should plan ahead and apply early.
TAMS Admissions application will close on March 15, 2020 for the Class of 2022 acceptance cycle. If a student successfully submits his or her application by the March 15 deadline, all remaining supporting documents listed above can still be submitted after the deadline date to complete his or her file.
Note: TAMS application deadline has been extended to March 30, 2020. Due to the unforseen circumstances surrounding all COVID-19 closures, you may now submit your application by March 30, 2020. If a student successfully submits his or her application by March 30, 2020, all remaining supporting documents listed above can still be submitted after the deadline date to complete his or her file.
*All music students must submit an application by the deadline of January 15, 2020 to be accepted into the cycle of UNT’s College of Music.