Apply for the Visual Arts and Design Track
- Complete the Online Application for Visual Arts and Design.
- Submit SAT (math + verbal) or ACT sophomore scores.* Have official College Board scores submitted via UNT college codes:
- 6481 for SAT score reporting
- 4136 for ACT score reporting
- To ensure we receive timely scores, sign up for the SAT or ACT early.
*TAMS does not require the essay or writing portion of either the SAT or ACT.
- Submit your Teacher Evaluation Request Form. TAMS will contact the teachers you provide on your behalf, including your math, science, and English teachers, as well as your counselor or principal (4 recommendations total).
Submit all supporting documents to the Upload Center.
(Applicants for all tracks are required to submit supplemental forms supporting their applications. Missing forms constitute an incomplete application and will not be reviewed.)
- Submit your residency questionnaire.
- Submit report cards for 7th and 8th grade, an unofficial transcript for 9th, and any current report cards for continuing work indicating at least one grading period. Classes in progress should have at least one grade reported.
Only complete files are reviewed for interview consideration. Your Status Page will indicate whether your application file is complete.
A complete application file contains:
- Online Application for preferred Track
- Grades reports and transcripts
- Teacher and Counselor or Principal evaluations
- SAT or ACT official scores
- Residency Questionnaire
Selected applicants will be invited for interviews. While no minimum requirements guarantee an interview, the likelihood of being invited is summarized below.
|Probability of an Interview|
|Rank (top %)||25%||20%||15%||10%||5%|
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and are based on a holistic review process*. You should plan ahead and apply early. The TAMS Admissions application will close on March 15, 2020 for the Class of 2022 acceptance cycle.
*All music students must submit an application by the deadline of January 15, 2020 to be accepted into the cycle of UNT’s College of Music.