Apply for the Media Arts Track
- Complete the Online Application for Media Arts.
- Submit SAT (math + verbal) or ACT sophomore scores.* Have official College Board scores submitted via UNT college codes:
- 6481 for SAT score reporting
- 4136 for ACT score reporting
- To ensure we receive timely scores, sign up for the SAT or ACT early.
*TAMS does not require the essay or writing portion of either the SAT or ACT.
- Submit your Teacher Evaluation Request Form. TAMS will contact the teachers you provide on your behalf, including your math, science, and English teachers, as well as your counselor or principal (4 recommendations total).
Submit all supporting documents to the Upload Center.
(Applicants for all tracks are required to submit supplemental forms supporting their applications. Missing forms constitute an incomplete application and will not be reviewed.)
- Submit your residency questionnaire.
- Submit official transcripts for grades 7 through 10, with sophomore reports indicating at least one grading period. Classes in progress should have at least one grade reported.
Applications are not complete until all of the above are received. All application documents must be received in our office to be considered for admission.
Selected applicants will be invited for interviews. While no minimum requirements guarantee an interview, the likelihood of being invited is summarized below.
|Probability of an Interview|
|Rank (top %)||25%||20%||15%||10%||5%|
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and are based on a holistic review process*. Although there is no specific deadline to apply for admission you should plan ahead and apply early.
*All music students must submit an application by the deadline of December 7, 2019 to be accepted into the cycle of UNT’s College of Music.