Consideration for the Computer Science Track
- Complete the TAMS Application Profile for Computer Science.
- Submit SAT (math + verbal) or ACT sophomore scores.* Have official College Board scores submitted via UNT college codes:
- 6481 for SAT score reporting
- 4136 for ACT score reporting
- To ensure we receive timely scores, sign up for the SAT or ACT early.
*TAMS does not require the essay or writing portion of either the SAT or ACT.
Submit all supporting documents.
- Submit your residency questionnaire.
- Submit report cards for 7th and 8th grade, an unofficial transcript for 9th, and any current report cards for continuing work indicating at least one grading period. Classes in progress should have at least one grade reported.
- Submit your Teacher Evaluation Request Form. TAMS will contact the teachers you provide on your behalf, including your math, science, and English teachers, as well as your counselor or principal (4 recommendations total).
Only complete files are reviewed for interview consideration. Your Status Page will indicate whether your TAMS Application Profile is complete.
A complete file contains:
- TAMS Application Profile for preferred Track
- Grades reports and transcripts
- Teacher and Counselor or Principal evaluations
- SAT or ACT official scores
- Residency Questionnaire
Selected students will be invited for interviews. While no minimum requirements guarantee an interview, the likelihood of being invited is summarized below.
|Probability of an Interview|
|Rank (top %)||25%||20%||15%||10%||5%|
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis and are based on a holistic review process*. You should plan ahead and submit early. The TAMS Application Profile closes on March 19, 2021. Please refer to our official calendar for other important notes and deadlines.
*All music students must submit an application with the College of Music by January 4, 2021 to be considered for UNT’s College of Music cycle.